Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this site
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Banking Works is a trading style of Virtual Lease Services Limited. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and, with effect from 25th May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) and any related UK privacy legislation to the extent applicable (“Data Protection Law“), the “data controller” or “controller” is VLS Limited of 1st Floor, Vista, St David’s Park, Ewloe, Flintshire, CH5 3DT.
The person responsible for data protection is Chris Hepple and they can be contacted by email at email@example.com
Information we collect from you
We will collect any information you provide through our online form on our site, and via the e-mail address or any phone number shown for enquiries on our site.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to www.banking.works (our site) we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet.
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Uses made of the information
We will use the information you provide to us for the following purposes:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- to deal with enquiries you have made via our website or through the contact details made available on it (this may include contacting you back).
- The legal basis on which we carry out processing is in order to effectively operate our web site and maintain the security of it, as well as to deal with enquiries received through the site or via contact details made available on our site, which together constitute our legitimate business interests.
Disclosure of your information
Generally, we will not share or disclose your personal data with any third parties, except that we may disclose your data in the following circumstances:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If VLS Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you will be stored within the European Economic Area (“EEA”). All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
We keep and retain personal data you supply to us for certain specified periods in accordance with our retention policy
You have the right to:
- request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data;
- restrict processing of personal data relating to you; and object to processing or require that your data is moved elsewhere, as such rights are further provided in accordance with Data Protection Law.
You can lodge a complaint regarding processing of your personal data by us with the Information Commissioner’s Office Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.